I’m getting super pregnant. Not that I wasn’t super pregnant up until this point, but the growing belly has emphasized it.
My last doctor’s appointment ended with a packet of materials relating to delivery. The hospital preregistration form is suggested to be filled out by 34 weeks but the nurse said “With your history, you might wanna go do that… like today.” Ha. (If you’re out of the loop on my history, you can read about my preterm labor story here.)
I don’t know what it is about being pregnant the second time that makes me blissfully unaware of how fast time flies, but I love and hate it. I love the fact that I’m not dragging through this time slowly with worry or anxiousness. Having “been there, done that” I guess I have given myself some grounds for what to expect. But at the same time, I feel like my pregnancy will be over before I know it and I want to soak up all the joys of pregnancy.
Speaking of joys of pregnancy…
- I’ve gained the “recommended” amount of weight for a pregnancy already, at just 29 weeks. Yippee. Let’s just hope I don’t gain 70 lbs like last time. Not. Even. Joking.
- I get to eat ice cream on the regular without too much worry. Lately I’ve discovered the Twix ice cream bars and I have one of those every couple of days. I could easily eat the whole box in one sitting though… All the ice cream probably contributed to the weight gain “joy” above, but it also probably contributed to higher calcium levels for my babe. So boom.
- Maternity photos are coming up in a couple of weeks and I CANNOT wait to work with Kelsey of Malicote Photography again. She’s hands down the absolute best and I love that her lens has captured our growing family from each bump forward. Just take a look at my baby’s first birthday photo shoot she shot… I mean… I can’t figure out where that baby went?!
- I already took the glucose screening test and I’m waiting to hear the results from that. Fingers crossed my ice cream habit doesn’t have to change…
- My coworkers hosted the sweetest baby shower for me after school last week. It was complete with a Thanksgiving meal — a pregnant girl’s dream come true!
In the meantime, I’m going to hammer down and knock out some of the things on our baby to-do list because I feel the whole nesting phase quickly approaching. The nursery must be complete before she comes home, unlike her brothers, and I want to get everything I need before hand versus sending my mom out with a list two miles long the day we come home from the hospital. (Thanks for that, Mom.)
If you’re a mom of more than one kiddo who has advice on what I should be doing these last few weeks of having only one child, send it my way. At this point I know I’m overlooking something major. In the meantime, I’m going to try not to freak out over the fact that I went into labor with my last pregnancy just 3 weeks away from the point I’m currently at in this pregnancy… How did it fly by this time?!