Moms make the world go round. Maybe not literally, but I can assure you that many moms make the world go round for their families. Without a mom doing her mom duties, life wouldn’t flow smoothly, hungry bellies would not be fed, nor would smiles appear on little ones’ faces.
It’s important to throw up the disclaimer that moms don’t do this for the recognition or the glory. A mom’s work is hard but it’d done in love.
Here’s a glimpse into mom love languages, ways we say “I love you” to our families:
Mom Love Languages
- Waking up early to get a head start on the day.
- Making a house a home.
- Grocery shopping so that the pantry and fridge are full and bellies aren’t hungry.
- Changing diapers. Especially the nasty ones.
- Folding laundry.
- When bellies become hungry, we make breakfast, or lunch, or dinner. More often than not, all three.
- Or maybe deciding to do take out so no one has to do dishes.
- Doing those dishes.
- Hugs and kisses. Lots of them.
- Caving in to just one more cookie.
- Teaching tough lessons.
- Cleaning the sink.
- More dishes.
- Taking photos so there will be memories to look back on.
- Driving the kids to school.
- Making rules.
- More laundry.
- Ironing shirts.
- Helping with homework.
- Reading stories.
- Snuggles on the couch.
- Kissing boo boos and buying bandaids with the current favorite character on them.
- Popping popcorn for movies and maybe throwing some M&M’s in there.
- Attending ball games in all sorts of weather conditions.
- Answering late night calls.
- Saying “No” when we know it’s best.
- Bedtime tuck ins.
- Going to bed last so that you know everyone is snug in their beds.
And really, the list could go on forever.
Moms do what they do because they’re moms, they want to take care of those who are most important to them. Mom love is one of the most genuine forms of love because it’s unconditional and always there. No matter where you are in your life, it’s very likely that there is a woman on your mind after reading this article. That woman is a good mom. Whoever she is, be thankful for her because if you’re thinking about her in this moment, chances are she’s spent most of her life thinking about you.